The Open Carry groups adopted the following policies after causing months of angst, fear and disruption in many communities with their delusions that make them think that it’s okay to go into family restaurants armed to the teeth.
In keeping with the whole; “responsible gun owner” meme the NRA and their buddies keep pushing I’m taking this moment to point out that the fact that they DIDN’T have such a policy in place (for months their policies consisted of harassment, bullying, terrorizing and just being all around douche-bags to those who objected to their activities) means that during all their protests, by their own new definition THEY WERE NOT BEING RESPONSIBLE GUN OWNERS.
Here’s their new policy.
For all further open carry walks with long guns, we are adopting the following unified protocol and general policy to best ensure meeting our respective legislative mission to legalize open carry:
1) Always notify local law enforcement prior to the walk, especially the day of
2) Carry Flags and signs during your walk to increase awareness
3) Carry the long gun on a sling, not held
4) Do not go into corporate businesses without prior permission, preferably not at all
5) If asked to leave, do so quietly and do not make it a problem
6) Do not post pics publicly if you do get permission and are able to OC in a cooperate business
7) Do not go into businesses with TABC signs posted with a long gun (Ever)
8) If at all possible, keep to local small businesses that are 2A friendly
So thank you Open Carry people for showing America that irresponsible gun owners aren’t just people who go on killing sprees, get their guns stolen by others or shoot their buddies and themselves by accident! Thank you for showing everyone that irresponsible gun owners exist in our society today and they’re some of the most vocal, active members of the NRA. Thank you for showing all of us that you are capable of lacking the common sense to act responsibly with a gun and desperately need the rest of society to regulate your activities since you’re too damned slow to know this shit on your own!
Follow me on:
which is now